The medical environment has unique demands and pressures – and therefore its own vulnerabilities to unprofessional behaviour. This resource hopes to improve workplace behaviour by raising awareness and encouraging all physicians to report undesirable behaviour. It helps physicians determine the resources available and appropriate steps for preventing and dealing with bullying and sexual harassment.
Tags: Category 1 Educational activities Bullying Harassment Sexual harassment Medical environment Workplace culture Risk factors Risk prevention Workplace behaviour Preferential treatment Unprofessional behaviour Behavioural spectrum Unacceptable conduct Resilience Physician support services
- Identify bullying and harassment along with its effects on workplace culture.
- Understand the importance of a safe work culture and how bullying and harassment impacts physicians and their ability to learn and effectively practice medicine.
- Evaluate the impact of your workplace behaviour on colleagues, patients and health outcomes.
- Determine the resources available and appropriate steps for preventing and dealing with bullying and harassment.
- Identify and promote strategies to prevent and deal with bullying and harassment.