Release date: July 2021
Estimated completion time*: 2 hrs
Learn about how to better promote and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People’s access to specialist care through this case study based online course.
*The estimated completion time is an approximate guide and does not account for time spent on optional additional readings and activities.
Tags: Aboriginal health Torres Strait Islander health Cultural Safety Indigenous Australians Aboriginal healthcare Equitable access to healthcare Specialist care Marrabinya St Vincent’s Top End Torres Strait Inala
This course has been designed to help participants improve their understanding of:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander healthcare
- The message and principles of the RACP’s Medical Specialist Access Framework (MSAF)
- Foundations that need to be in place for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to access specialist care
- Key principles that ensure equitable access to specialist healthcare
- Stakeholders that should be engaged to promote the delivery of specialist medical care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people