Management is a role made up of an essential set of skills, including communication, self-reflection and conflict management. This course provides information about the whole role, and skills for best managing others. It is a detailed set of modules that allow you to investigate your own methods, and provides strategies for self-improvement. Change management is an essential skill to acquire, and the principles of this are addressed. Methods on how to run a successful meeting are outlined, along with how to recruit the right person for your team. A relevant explanation of the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 with case studies to enhance understanding.
Note: Complete this resource if you have not already started the old Management Essentials resource. Please continue your progress and complete the old resource if you are already enrolled in it.
Format: Each module consists of online reading materials, statistics and case studies. There are multiple-choice, true/false and short answer questions throughout the module to assist with your learning.
1. The Role of Manager - Part 1 (25 mins), Part 2 (25 mins), Part 3 (30 mins)
2. Managing Others (30 mins)
3. Understanding Self as Manager (30 mins)
4. Change Management Principles - Part 1 (30 mins), Part 2 (30 mins)
5. Transitioning through Change - Part 1 (30 mins), Part 2 (30 mins)
6. Conducting an Effective Meeting - Part 1 (45 mins), Part 2 (30 mins)
7. Conflict Management - Part 1 (30 mins), Part 2 (30 mins)
8. The Recruitment & Selection Process (45 mins)
9. Behavioural Interviewing Techniques (30 mins)
10. Work Health & Safety Act 2011 (30 mins)
|Authors:||This was resource was developed by Fellows from The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists|
|Release Date:||February, 2014||Revised Date:||December, 2019|