Alcohol, anxiety and mood disorders are common clinical problems. This resource assists Addiction Medicine practitioners to increase their skills and knowledge in these areas.
Format: Each module consists of online reading materials, statistics and case studies. There are multiple-choice, true/false and short answer questions throughout the module to assist with your learning.
1. Classification and Diagnostic Criteria (1 hour)
2. What is Comorbidity? (20 mins)
3. Psychological Management of Comorbid Anxiety & Depression (30 mins)
4. Pharmacological Treatment of Patients with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorders and Alcohol Use Disorders (1 hour)
5. Alcohol Use Disorders and Bipolar Affective Disorder (1 hour)
6. Substance Use and Suicide (30 mins)
|Author:||Members from the Australasian Chapter of Addiction Medicine Online Modules Advisory Group:
• Dr Mark Hardy, FAChAM (Chair)
• Dr Glenys Dore, FAChAM
• Dr Lisa Juckes
• A/Prof Andrew Baillie
• Dr Peter Tucker, FRANZCP, FAChAM