This resource helps physicians adopt pro-active strategies so they can aim to thrive in their work, and help others to do the same.
Tags: Category 1 Educational activities Physician Health Professional Wellbeing Relationships Self Care Plan Support Network Mental Wellbeing Preventative Self Care Self Care Framework Burnout Emotional Distress Self Care Strategy Self Treatment Building Resilience Professional Skills Stigma Death Crisis Asking For Help Self Assessment Mindfulness Self Compassion Oldenburg Burnout Inventory K10 Skovholt Inventory Self Care Strategy Burnout Prevention Self Care Activity Active Listening Self Kindness Organisational Culture Stress Counselling Therapy Nutrition Doctor's Health Advisory Service
- Understand how self-care and wellbeing impact physician practice
- Form relationships and networks to support personal and professional wellbeing
- Establish appropriate self-care strategies to increase self-awareness and better manage and regulate your wellbeing and physician practice
Who it is for
- New and experienced supervisors
- Basic and advanced trainees
- RACP Fellows from any specialty
What you'll get
- Video scenarios that demonstrate the need for preventative self-care
- Practice, reflection and discussion activities
- Toolbox of supporting resources to assist the learner in identifying and managing their self-care needs
- Curated list of additional resources and further reading
What you'll learn
- How to identify the signs of burnout
- How to monitor your own wellbeing
- How to develop a self-care plan
- Ways to encourage others in the workplace to practice self-care
- How to promote wellbeing in the workplace and evoke cultural change around seeking help
The medical environment has unique demands and pressures – and therefore its own vulnerabilities to unprofessional behaviour. This resource hopes to improve workplace behaviour by raising awareness and encouraging all physicians to report undesirable behaviour. It helps physicians determine the resources available and appropriate steps for preventing and dealing with bullying and sexual harassment.
Tags: Category 1 Educational activities Bullying Harassment Sexual harassment Medical environment Workplace culture Risk factors Risk prevention Workplace behaviour Preferential treatment Unprofessional behaviour Behavioural spectrum Unacceptable conduct Resilience Physician support services
- Identify bullying and harassment along with its effects on workplace culture.
- Understand the importance of a safe work culture and how bullying and harassment impacts physicians and their ability to learn and effectively practice medicine.
- Evaluate the impact of your workplace behaviour on colleagues, patients and health outcomes.
- Determine the resources available and appropriate steps for preventing and dealing with bullying and harassment.
- Identify and promote strategies to prevent and deal with bullying and harassment.