Enrolments 15 Dec 2017 onwards Developed for Overseas Trained Physicians (OTP), with a focus on the Australian health care environment, this resource has been designed to prepare you for practice in Australia.
Note: OTPs should enrol in this program if they have not
already started the old OTP Orientation Program. OTPs who have already enrolled in the old program should continue their progress on the same program and will not be transferred to this version. Questions and queries can be directed to email@example.com.
- Understand the Australian healthcare setting including the range of legislative requirements for practice and prescription of pharmaceuticals.
- Have an awareness of the broader context of health, including national health priorities and immunisation policies and practice.
- Understand the principles of quality and safety.
- Describe the importance of ethical decision making.
- Use a range of communication skills in both multi-disciplinary and patient settings.
- Describe the role of teaching in the clinical setting.
- Understand the importance of physician self care.
- Have an awareness of the multicultural nature of Australian society.
OTP Assessment Subcommittee, Adult Medicine & Chapters
OTP Assessment Subcommittee,Paediatrics & Faculties
New Zealand OTP Assessment Committee
|Peer Reviewers:||Dr Bindu Bali
A/Prof Jermaine Coward
Dr Pravin Shetty
Dr Claudia Whyte
Dr Thalwattegedera Chamila Chandrawanshi Dabare
|Release date:||December, 2017||Revised date:||N/A|
Enrolments before 15 Dec 2017 Developed for Overseas Trained Physicians (OTP), with a focus on the Australian health care environment, this resource has been designed to prepare you for practice in Australia.
Format: The program consists of seven modules, each with multiple topics. Please complete these in the order given as some modules build on material from earlier topics. There are multiple-choice, true/false and short answer questions throughout the module to assist with your learning.
Note: New enrolments are no longer being accepted on the existing OTP Orientation Program. OTPs will be able to enrol on the new OTP Orientation Program from 15 December 2017 if they have not already started the existing program. Existing participants should continue their progress on the same program and will not be transferred to the new version. Questions and queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Cultural Competency (1 hour)
3. The Broader Context of Health (30 mins)
4. Communication in Clinical Settings (2 hours)
5. Quality and Safety (2 hours)
6. Ethics (2 hours)
7. Teaching and Learning (1 hour)
|Author:||Prof Stephen Leeder, FRACP, FAFPHM (University of Sydney)
Dr Tamara Mackean, (Flinders University)
Prof Merrilyn Walton (University of Sydney)
Prof Victor Nossar, FRACP, FAFPHM (University of Notre Dame)
A/Prof Ian Kerridge, FRACP (University of Sydney)
Prof Stewart Dunn (Professor of Psychological Medicine, University of Sydney)
A/Prof Leonie Callaway, FRACP (University of Queensland)
Dr Kerry Breen, FRACP (National Health and Medical Research Council)
Dr Christopher Clarke, FRACP (University of New South Wales)
|Release date:||January, 2010||Revised date:||December, 2012|