Developed for Overseas Trained Physicians (OTP), with a focus on the Australian health care environment, this resource has been designed to prepare you for practice in Australia.
Tags: Category 1 Educational Activities Australian Healthcare National Health Priorities Quality and Safety Immunisation Policy Ethical Decision Making Teaching Ethics Physician Self Care Multicultural Overseas Trained Physicians Medicare Regulations Cultural Competency Migrant & Refugee Health CPD Framework Wellbeing
- Understand the Australian healthcare setting including the range of legislative requirements for practice and prescription of pharmaceuticals.
- Have an awareness of the broader context of health, including national health priorities and immunisation policies and practice.
- Understand the principles of quality and safety.
- Describe the importance of ethical decision making.
- Use a range of communication skills in both multi-disciplinary and patient settings.
- Describe the role of teaching in the clinical setting.
- Understand the importance of physician self care.
- Have an awareness of the multicultural nature of Australian society.
OTP Assessment Subcommittee, Adult Medicine & Chapters
OTP Assessment Subcommittee,Paediatrics & Faculties
New Zealand OTP Assessment Committee
|Peer Reviewers:||Dr Bindu Bali
A/Prof Jermaine Coward
Dr Pravin Shetty
Dr Claudia Whyte
Dr Thalwattegedera Chamila Chandrawanshi Dabare
|Release date:||December, 2017||Revised date:||N/A|